The FireguardTM tank is UL2085 listed and has been tested by Underwriters Laboratories and proven to meet NFPA Article 79 ballistic and impact requirements. The inner wall of this tank conforms to UL142 construction and venting requirements. The outer wall provides 110% containment. The containment also conforms to UL142 construction and venting requirements. The containment is tightness tested at the factory and can be re-tested at installation. The containment is constructed of carbon steel to ensure compatibility with all fuels and fuel additives. The annular space does not include any fuel soluble plastics or other hazardous waste generators. No forming materials are abandoned in the tank annular space.
Fireguard® U.S. Pat. No. 5,695,089 is the next generation of fire-rated ASTs, far surpassing early-generation concrete-encased designs. Now UL 2085 Listed using 3″ of lightweight insulation between 2 walls of steel.
- Fireguard’s secondary containment can be tightness-tested on-site, using standard testing procedures.
- Fireguard’s exterior steel wall provides superior weatherability and low-cost maintenance. Unlike concrete, cracking or spalling will never be a problem.
- Lightweight insulation material is 75% lighter than concrete — shipping and installation costs are reduced.
- Cylindrical or rectangular configurations
- 30-Year warranty.
- Meets 1997 Uniform Fire Code protected AST criteria as per Appendix II-F – including ballistics protection.
- Meets 1996 National Fire Protection Association fire-resistant AST criteria as per NFPA 30 / 30A.
- Built to nationally-recognized STI standards with strict third-party quality control inspection program.
- Capacities range up to 50,000 gallons.
- Available from a large network of manufacturers from around the world.